1) Do all of your cooking with coconut oil. It has many health benefits and it is superior to cooking with fattening vegetable oils. It is also better to cook with than olive oil because olive oil has a low smoke point making it toxic when it is heated.
2) Eat a spoonful of coconut oil every morning, when you are hungry between meals or blend it in your coffee or tea. The medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) in coconut oil are a natural weight loss solution because the total energy required to digest MCT's is greater than the energy they provide. Research has also shown that coconut oil can boost thyroid function. More info on the metabolism boosting effects of coconut oil.
3) Add cinnamon to your coffee or water. Cinnamon increases insulin sensitivity and lowers blood sugar both of which lead to lower insulin levels which are great because high insulin triggers the body to store more fat.
4) Cook with turmeric and cumin. Both are very high in antioxidants that boost immune function and slow aging.
5) When you begin feeling sickness coming on start taking 2-3 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar everyday. ACV boosts the immune system and aids in good digestion. Make sure you get cold pressed unpasteurized. It’s not a bad idea to take 1 Tbsp. everyday regardless.
6) Drinking pure aloe vera juice is great for digestion and healthy skin. It aids in proper digestion and helps repair a digestive system that has been under duress from a diet high in grains, gluten, and pasteurized dairy.
7) Substitue cayenne pepper for black pepper. Spicy foods have been shown to have cancer preventing benefits. Cayenne, and other capsicum plants like chili peppers, have tons of antioxidants and cardiovascular benefits. Add cayenne and you will notice a drop in heart rate and blood pressure. It is also easier on the digestive system than black pepper for those of you with sensitive bellies.