Levi is a 44 year old father of 5 children ages 4-14 who lost 7% bodyfat and almost 30 lbs during the 9 weeks of the Ancestral Reset. Read about his experience in this interview testimonial about the program.
Jon is a 49 year old husband and father of two boys who lost almost 3% body fat and 10 lbs during our 9 week Ancestral Journey. He managed to do this without having a working kitchen because his dishwasher flooded the kitchen right before we started. Jon is proof there are no excuses when you take personal responsibility.
Lo’s Deviled Eggs
Serves 3 – each serving is 2 full eggs
Calories = 419
Fat = 36g
Carbs = 1g
· 6 – Pasture raised eggs
· ½ tsp. baking soda
· 5 – slices of cooked bacon (2) pieces chopped. Leave(3) pieces whole. (I use TJ’s uncured apple smoked bacon)
· 2 Tbsp. – Primal Kitchen avocado mayo
· 2 Tbsp. – cultured sour cream (I use Wallaby from WF)
· ½ ounce – organic diced red onion
· 28g – diced dill pickles (I use TJ’s Hot & Spicy Dill pickle chips)
· 1 tsp. – Paleo Chef sriracha sauce
· 2 tsp.- bacon fat
· ¼ tsp. – Celtic sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
· Sprinkle of ground black pepper
Add about 2 inches of water to a saucepan and a ½ tsp. of baking soda. Gently put in the 6 eggs. Turn stove on and once the water starts to boil, put a 10 min timer on. While the eggs are cooking, start cooking the bacon. Once the 10 min timer is done, quickly add the eggs to an ice bath. Set aside to cool. Once the bacon is done, chop 2 pieces and add them to a large bowl. Set the other 3 pieces aside for later. Once the eggs have cooled, peel them all. Cut each egg in half and scoop out the egg yolk into the bowl with the bacon pieces. Add the mayo, sour cream, red onion, dill pickles, sriracha, bacon fat, salt & pepper to the bowl. Combine ingredients well. Put filling in a large Ziploc bag and pipe into egg whites. Cut the remaining 3 pieces of bacon to put on top of each egg.
Lo’s Broccoli Slaw
Serves 8 - Each serving is 4oz
Calories = 163
Fat = 15g
Carbs = 7g
Protein = 2g
· 2 Bags – Organic broccoli slaw
· 5 Tbsp. – Primal Kitchen avocado mayo
· 2 Tbsp. – Raw unfiltered Braggs Apple cider vinegar
· 4 Tbsp. – Organic pure sesame seed oil
· 1 Tbsp. – Tamari
· 1 Tbsp. – Paleo Chef Sriracha sauce
Put all ingredients in a large bowl and combine well.
This is my daily schedule Monday through Saturday. The difference on Sundays is that I don't go to work so I wake up later and eat breakfast with the fam around 10 or 11am.
The only way this is different from the same routine I've had for years is that during keto I eat less carbs. For the last 8 years or so I've consistently kept my carbs under 150 grams/day. During this keto experimentation it's been 50 grams/day or less.
- 4:00 am - Wakeup, meditate, drink coffee, write and work
- 5:30/6am to 9am - Teach class and train clients
- 9am to 10:30am - Train myself
- 10:30 to 12:30/2:30pm - Train more clients
- 12:30/2:30pm to 4pm - Take a break. If I eat lunch this is when I do it. If I do it its either eggs, bacon, avocado and something fermented like kimchi or a "big ass salad". After I eat I'll meditate again and/or take a short nap and then get some more work done.
- 4 to 6/7pm - Train more clients
- 6/7pm - Family time. Play with the kids. Resume life as Ryan's personal horse and Indie's catapult.
- 7 to 8pm - Dinner time. Grub out. Here's an example of a typical dinner at our house.
- Appetizer: Greek Salad
- Main: Burger bowls or Smoked Pork Belly with Lo's Broccoli Slaw
- Dessert: If we do dessert it's usually an Elemental bar or some 85% dark chocolate. Trader Joe's sells an 85% Dark Chocolate Lovers bar with a great ingredient list free from any added sugars and vegetable oils.
- Make pre-bedtime concoction consisting of 2 Tbsp Dr. Schulze Superfood, 300 mg Innate Magnesium powder and 1/2 tsp Organic Ashwagandha powder.
- 8 to 9pm - Hang out with Lo.
- 9pm to 10pm - Wrangle the kids into bed using a mix of diplomacy and strong-arm tactics.
- 10:01 pm - Pass the F___ out.
Wash, rinse, repeat...